Final: Sunday September 10 / 2.30pm / Carclew / 11 Jeffcott Street North Adelaide
Judges: Timothy Young (Chair for Final) / Diana K. Weekes / Diana Harris OAM / Elizabeth Campbell
The 2017 Geoffrey Parsons Award, offered by the Accompanists’ Guild of SA since 1995, has changed format this year following a review in 2016. The major difference is that Round One is now an audition via video recording and does not require applicants to be in Adelaide for a live audition one week before the Final. Finalists will be selected from the Round One recordings and the required written information outlined in the Application Form.
There will be one cash Award only – $6,000 – and previous winners are not eligible to enter the Award again.
The 2017 set songs to be rehearsed and performed with Elizabeth Campbell are:
Brahms: Der Tod, das ist die kühle Nacht Op. 96 No. 1 (Ab Major) AND
Brahms: Meine Liebe ist grün Op 63 No 5 (D Major) Peters Edition.
Deadline for written applications: Midnight CST Saturday 1 July 2017
The time line for applicants and finalists is:
- Saturday July 1: Written Applications due – Application Form only is required
- Friday July 7: Quick Study work forwarded to applicants
- Monday July 31: Round One applications due – see Application Form for Round One contents
- Monday August 14: Convenor notifies Finalists
- Friday September 8: Rehearsals (40 minutes each) with Elizabeth Campbell for applicants who are already in Adelaide (private studio)
- Saturday September 9: Rehearsals with Elizabeth Campbell for remaining finalists (private studio) PLUS 40 minute rehearsals for each Finalist and Associates in Carclew
- Sunday September 10 at 2.30pm: The Geoffrey Parsons Award Final