Final: Sunday September 15 / 2.30pm / Hartley Concert Room / Hartley Building, Kintore Avenue, Adelaide
Judges: David Miller (Chair for Final) / Diana Harris OAM / Keith Crellin OAM / Dean Newcomb
The 2019 Geoffrey Parsons Award, offered by the Accompanists’ Guild of SA since 1995, changed format in 2017 following a review in 2016. The major difference is that Round One is an audition via video recording and does not require applicants to be in Adelaide for a live audition one week before the Final. Finalists will be selected from the Round One recordings and the required written information outlined in the Application Form.
There will be one cash Award only – $6,000 – and previous winners are not eligible to enter the Award again.
The 2019 set work to be rehearsed and performed with guest clarinettist Dean Newcomb is:
Brahms: Sonata for Clarinet and Piano no.1 in F minor, First movement only.
Deadline for written applications: Midnight CST Saturday 29 June 2019
The time line for applicants and finalists is:
- Saturday June 29: Written Applications due – Application Form only is required
- Friday July 12: Quick Study work forwarded to applicants
- Monday July 29: Round One applications due – see Application Form for Round One contents
- Monday August 12: Convenor notifies Finalists
- Friday September 13: Rehearsals (40 minutes each) with Dean Newcomb for applicants who are already in Adelaide (private studio)
- Saturday September 14: Rehearsals with Dean Newcomb for remaining finalists (private studio) PLUS 40 minute afternoon rehearsals for each Finalist and Associates in the Hartley Concert Room
- Sunday September 15 at 2.30pm: The Geoffrey Parsons Award Final, Hartley Concert Room